Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mid-life crisis at 29?…The battle of turning another year older!

What does it feel like to got through a mid-life crisis? Is it when you have yet another birthday fast approaching and you start thinking about all of the things you want to do, or wanted to do that you haven’t done yet and you start to feel overwhelmed with the pressure? Is it that feeling you have when you feel like you are running as fast and you can but you are only walking as fast as the guy did in the Green Mile?

Well, last Tuesday was my 29th birthday and I was just not excited about it. I mean let’s face it; I am one year away from the big 3-0. Anyway, I was sharing what was heavy on my mind with one of my 50-something and fabulous co-workers, and as any great oracle does, she figured out what was going on. She said to me, “Yep…you are going through your mid-life crisis like I did at 29!” So when Debbie said this to me, I started to think, am I really going through a mid-life crisis? What are the things that I want to accomplish in life? I mean, if my oracle is right, I have only 30 more years to get busy here (I love you Debbie…but I hope I have more time then that left).
In the meantime…it was still my birthday and I still had to get through it and enjoy the day.

The lovely ladies in my office gave me the most beautiful birthday day. When I came in, Susie Ho-Shin decorated my office for my birthday with my favorite color red. Now, don’t get me wrong…I love red…but when I opened my office door and turned on the lights it looked like a room in the Red Light District, red boa and all!

Shout out to Ho-Shin…the next Vera Wang of creative designs!

They brought me a cake (that was very delicious), lunch from Five Guys (very, very good burgers), and gave me good company throughout the day. It was truly an enjoyable day at work.

My husband surprised me by coming to my office on Friday night with the most beautiful flowers, a pair of Puma sneakers and some diamond earrings. That was so sweet of him to continue to make me feel special for the entire week (keep up the good work Snowbunny...I love you).

So as my birthday week comes to an end tonight, I am sitting here thinking of the list of things I want to do with my time here on earth. I am hoping to fill my time with many wonderful things, and they will come in due time. I have survived another year, I am 29 and I feel great! So would I say I am going through a mid-life crisis…nope. I feel a little bit better about turning another year older and I am working on looking forward to turning 30 next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment